If you had "under" in Tuesday's Cub Tracks, you win. I don't know what you win, but you did it!
From Comcast SportsNet
- Jeff Samardzija is out to prove he IS a #1 starter.
- The Cubs won't panic while they let Junior Lake develop.
- (Video) Jake Arrieta was pleased with his first start for his new team.
- Somewhat surprising, but the Cubs were quiet at the deadline.
From Cubs Den
- The aftermath: How and why the Cubs "won" the deadline.
- The future is looking much brighter for Junior Lake and the Cubs.
- (Video) Jed Hoyer talks about the activity leading up to the deadline and why the Cubs could still make a deal in August. For my money, I don't think there will be any August deals. The only guys who pass waivers either have big money contracts (which the Cubs don't have "for sale") or are spare parts (which the Cubs do have, but at low costs that make them likely to be claimed).
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Kevin Gregg is open to re-signing with the Cubs.
- Nate Schierholtz hasn't been playing for a ticket out of town.
- Junior Lake's future could be in center field.
From the Daily Herald
- Al had a nice write-up on the surprising death of former Cub Frank Castillo. It's somewhat alarming (though likely just a sad coincidence) that Castillo is the third member of the Cubs 1997 pitching staff to pass away prematurely.
- Feelings in the Cubs' clubhouse are becoming more and more positive.
Today's food for thought