Happy birthday to the world's best dad: mine.
Also, I'm very happy for Dioner Navarro that his injury wasn't much worse.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The next episode of "The Foundation" is focused on first base prospect Dan Vogelbach.
- Kerry Wood is a life changer, as described in a three part series. Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3.
- In case you missed it, Cubs' legend Ernie Banks will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor. And he'll get it from a White Sox fan.
- Dioner Navarro feared the worst when Phillies second baseman Chase Utley bowled him over. Now the Cubs' back-up catcher is feeling lucky.
- Kris Bryant is making a really nice first impression. Caveat: He's too good for the league he is playing in.
- The team feels Jeff Samardzija will be able to block out the noise about a possible contract extension.
From Cubs Den
- Former Cub GM Dallas Green can't see the light when it comes to a Jumbotron at Wrigley Field.
- Here's a look at the organizational depth at second base.
- Is Jeff Samardzija just pressing? Beyond that link, take a look at Shark's stats: they're really close to his numbers for last season. His ERA is up and he's walking another half a batter per nine innings. Everything else is very comparable. It should be intriguing to see how the rest of the season plays out as Shark marches toward 200 innings pitched.
- Official or not, the first night game at Wrigley Field was special.
- Anthony Rizzo is trying to improve his situational hitting.
- Injured prospect Jorge Soler could play in the Arizona Fall League.
- The team is not concerned about Shark's work load.
- Shark won't let a rough outing get him down.
- (Video) As you can imagine, Dale Sveum was very pleased with Chris Rusin's start against the Cardinals.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Former GM Dallas Green thinks Theo Epstein has his work cut out for him.
- Any August waiver trades for the Cubs seem unlikely.
From the Daily Herald
- Earlier in the year, Cody Ransom and Luis Valbuena made a solid platoon at third base. But the club is pretty much back to square one at the position.
Today's food for thought
- I always love these. There are some pretty cool looking critters in the depths of the ocean. The Sea Spider was my favorite.