Who else do you think gets overlooked? Big leaguers and prospects all eligible.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Is Welington Castillo the long-term answer behind the plate?
- Chris Rusin had his most impressive outing against the Pirates.
- Could the Cubs have three Gold Glove winners?
- Matt Garza has struggled since his trade to the Texas Rangers, but it is still a little too early to declare the Cubs the winner of the that deal.
- Jeff Samardzija looks like a pitcher running out of gas.
From Cubs Den
- Organizational depth in center field is pretty strong.
- Anthony Rizzo is still fighting through a frustrating season.
- Former major leaguer, and current Daytona Cubs' hitting coach, Mariano Duncan is impressed by Javier Baez. That's easy, you say. Well, Duncan is also impressed by a recent gesture by Baez.
- Pirates coach Dave Jauss is not surprised Junior Lake is acclimating well to the outfield.
- Some of Dale Sveum's in-game strategies should be called into question, despite the weak roster at his disposal.
- Meanwhile, the manager says Chris Rusin has certainly put himself in position to be a part of next year's starting rotation.
- Donnie Murphy will answer mailbag questions, if you submit them.
- Cubs' hurlers Carlos Villanueva and Scott Baker both knew that Pirates' ace Francisco Liriano just needed a change of scenery.
- Justin Grimm has looked fairly impressive out of the bullpen and could making a case to be a late inning reliever next season. This despite getting lost in the shuffle with Kyle Hendricks and C.J. Edwards being more highly regarded prospects acquired from the Rangers.
- (Video) Speaking of Hendricks, Dale Sveum has been impressed with the pitching prospect.
- The team is looking for a rebound season from Anthony Rizzo.
- MVP candidate Andrew McCutchen believes the Cubs should stay the course. Of course, the cynical among you might think that's just to make life easier for the Bucs.
- The Cubs' recent draftees are pitching in, boosting the organization's future outlook.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Jake Arrieta is showing, unfortunately, why he was so frustrating for fans of the Baltimore Orioles to watch.
- Is Kris Bryant the third baseman of the future? He hopes so, but Javier Baez, Mike Olt, Christian Villanueva, or even Josh Vitters might have something to say about that.
- A genuine lead-off hitter is a crying need for the Cubs.
- Slugging prospect Dan Vogelbach is thinking big.
From the Daily Herald
- I'm thinking of dropping the Herald from the rotation. They just don't do much. Any objections?
Today's food for thought