Given that the Braves were beaten yesterday by the Cubs, and the Nationals were rained out, the Braves fans who traveled to Chicago to witness an on field celebration by their beloved team, will have to hold off their tomahawk chopping at least until today if they win, or tonight if the Nationals lose.
Much ado has been made about the Dodgers recent "pool party" celebration in Arizona. Even presidential campaign loser and professional grumpy old man, Senator John McCain waded into the critical waters by tweeting....
If the Braves win today, how can they top the Dodger celebration at Wrigley? The Budweiser Russian Baths won't be ready until after the revenue generating pedestrian mall and scoreboard are fully operational. But there are ways the Braves can be just as disrespectful to our home park, and as a Chicagoan and Wrigley Field enthusiast, I have a few suggestions.
1. Ride goats around the outfield in a victory lap. Allowing the goats to stop and nibble on our beloved ivy.
2. Hit home runs to each other, and keep the ball.
3. Put ketchup on their victory hot dogs.
4. Sing root root root for the White Sox during the 7th inning stretch.
5. Eat NY Style slices off of home plate.
6. Install electronics in our beloved manually operated scoreboard.
7. Cover our beloved Harry Caray statue in snow, reminding Chicagoans what a hard, cold winter we have ahead of us.
8. Buy a rooftop on Waveland and let the fans in free. (17% of 0 is 0)
(This is the sign that's up there now, I took this pic yesterday....ugh)
9. Let Greg Maddux pitch the 9th against us for the save.
10. Install seat backs on the bleachers.
Of course, I hope the Braves lose today. In fact, I always hope the Braves lose unless they're playing the Cardinals.
Being the helpful Cubs' fans you are, I'm sure you have plenty more suggestions. Let's hear em!