The writers sure do love a managerial "watch".
From Comcast SportsNet
- Dale Sveum says speculation about his job status doesn't bother him. He's lying, IMO.
- The Cubs are weighing all their options for their manager's job.
- And Joe Girardi is an x-factor in that decision.
- As the Cubs left Wrigley Field for the final time this season, there were more questions than answers.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs landed six prospects in the Northwest League Top 20.
- The prospect count-up continues with the "best of the rest" position players among the Top 50.
- Theo Epstein knows he's asking a lot of patience from the fans, and he's working to make that pay off.
- This is kind of a neat write-up. It's a tale of three kinds of Cub "prospects": Hector Rondon, Logan Watkins, and J.C. Boscan.
- Jim Callis' pipeline perspective thinks the Cubs and Houston Astros have very bright futures.
- Theo Epstein has been impressed by the commitment of the fans.
- The Wrigley renovations are in limbo.
- Theo Epstein isn't discouraged by the dip in attendance.
- The Cubs play the Cardinals to close out the season. But the real battle is with the Twins.
- The Cubs have some tough decisions on what certain players are worth this offseason.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The Epstein gave Dale Sveum a compliment. Doesn't seem like this should be a headline.
- Travis Wood's final start was rough (and a rather weird situation), but his overall season was a big success.
- There are several interesting questions surrounding the team, including: Who is Darnell McDonald? And who is Jeff Samardzija? Admit it: that first question caught you off guard. Interesting take by Gordo.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles rings some alarm bells.
Today's food for thought
- Here's a cool map of all the "nearby" Earthlike planets.