Cub Tracks will review the Convention in Tuesday's edition.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video) The Sports Talk Live panel talks about how the Cubs handled their announcement of a new mascot.
- (Video) The crew also debated whether any Cub prospects will be elected to the Hall of Fame. No pressure, guys.
- Instant replay will be another challenge for Rick Renteria.
- The Cubs are sitting at the table with the "big boys" in the bidding for Masahiro Tanaka.
- And they want to sell the pitcher on "The Plan."
- Texas Rangers pitcher Derek Holland did (another) Harry Carry impersonation in the wake of his freak injury.
- The team is banking on a big year from prospect Jorge Soler.
- The Chicago Blackhawks showed Javier Baez and Kris Bryant what it could be like to own this town.
- Anthony Rizzo and David DeJesus turned into faux-Backstreet Boys for a good cause (with video).
From Cubs Den
- A series of notes starts with Tanaka talk, Rookie Development camp, prospect affiliate assignments, and more.
- Here are a few thoughts on WGN.
- More notes where rumors gain momentum and Professor Parks finds some flaws in the prospects.
- The Cubs Caravan is on tour, including stops at Chicago schools.
- This is a neat feature on the Cubs' Rookie Development Program.
- Big Dan Vogelbach ranks fourth among minor league first base prospects.
- The Cubs are trying to sell Tanaka on their youth movement.
- The Cubs top prospects have been learning about professional life.
- (Video) Prospect C.J. Edwards talked about the team's timeline.
- Meanwhile, Mike Olt is rooting most for better health.
- Fellow third baseman Kris Bryant will start 2014 in Double-A.
- Greg Maddux and Ryne Sandberg were invited to the convention, but couldn't go due to other commitments; meanwhile, Sammy Sosa still waits to be invited.
- Rick Renteria is going to suit the team's spring workouts to the team's make-up.
- (Video) The new manager also is looking forward.
- (Video) Anthony Rizzo thinks the new manager is a great guy.
- (Video) Edwin Jackson is eyeing a turnaround.
- (Video) Jeff Samardzija talks about his contract status.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Gordo wonders if the top prospects are up to handling the pressure. And, of course, Gordo will be there every day to ask the prospects how much pressure they are facing, just in case they forget.
From the Daily Herald
- Rick Renteria is fluent in English and Spanish. He'd like to have a very particular reason to learn a little Japanese.
- The skipper also took time to visit Advocate Children's Hospital.
- Fangraphs had a small series on the Cubs. The published their Top-10 prospect list. They also gave some projections for those prospects. And also posted a Q&A with Pierce Johnson.
Today's food for thought
- Everyone loves college rankings. And party rankings. And academic rankings. So what happens when you smash them all together?