Scrolling through the various sites was like a version of Bill Murray's film Groundhog Day. There's an article about missing out on Masahiro Tanaka. There's an article about Travis Wood avoiding arbitration. There's an article about Greg Maddux not having a logo on his Hall of Fame hat. There's an article about sprint training invitees. Wash, rinse, repeat. But you know all that.
From Comcast SportsNet
- In the aftermath of missing out on Tanaka, the team faces long-term questions about its future.
- The Cubs also face the "Samardzija Question."
- David Kaplan wonders if the team's business plan will ever work.
- The Under Armour All-America Baseball Game is set to return to Wrigley Field in August.
From Cubs Den
- Here's the skinny on the Cubs' spring training non-roster invitees.
- Some notes look at more favorable prospect rankings and some thoughts on pitching.
- Will the Cubs be able to hang on to their de facto ace, Jeff Samardzija?
- John Arguello makes the case for boycotting the rooftop businesses.
- Even more notes on prospects and pitching. And, no, this isn't the same link as the one above.
- There really wasn't anything that hasn't been covered (better) elsewhere.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles wonders what the Cubs will do now.
- Click this and marvel. It's a unique look from Fangraphs of an inning of the supreme command of Greg Maddux.
- And here's a different take on Wrigley Field renovations.
Today's food for thought