I'm sure you'll just be shocked by the link from ESPN Chicago.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Pitching prospect Pierce Johnson is making the Cubs take notice.
- The Pitch & Hit Club of Chicago honored CSN for their documentary "5 Outs."
- The good news keeps coming as prospect rankings are revealed.
From Cubs Den
- This is a look at Travis Wood's numbers and how arbitration will fall out for the clubs other arbitration eligible players.
- With no big impact player acquisitions, Rick Renteria and the new coaching staff will be key to internal improvements.
- Here are some thoughts on BP's top 101 prospects.
- A collection of notes looks at Wrigley Field, Jorge Soler, Masahiro Tanaka, Mike Olt, ZiPS, the draft, and podcasts.
- Carrie answers a mailbag, including some thoughts on third base.
- A review of the last five years of wins and payroll uncovers that the Cubs have been bad and wasteful. The link features this quote:
The Cubs certainly win honors for most mismanaged franchise of the past half-decade, at least in terms of dollars spent per win.
- Fangraphs posted ZiPS projections for this season's team. Hide the children.
- This was linked from Cubs Den (so h/t there and to Mauricio, who writes for the site and helped build this item), but Baseball Prospectus published this graphic that gives you a visual summary of the tools for the top 101 prospects.
Today's food for thought