The dead tree folks don't provide a lot of value these days, but I'll give a H/T to the Tribune for posting multiple videos. Kudos.
From Comcast SportsNet
- How much longer will Jeff Samardzija be a Cub? Could a no-trade clause be the key to keeping Shark?
- Kyuji Fujikawa is continuing his rehab. And he thinks his countryman will make it in New York.
- The Cubs have big plans for Arodys Vizcaino.
- Kris Bryant will be in the center of attention this spring.
- Meanwhile, former top prospect Brett Jackson is trying to put his game back together.
- Ryan Dempster is on the minds of his former teammates. James Russell says he respects Dempster's decision, while Jeff Samardzija wouldn't be surprised for Ryan to make a comeback.
From Cubs Den
- The spraying to all fields article talks about Jeff Samardzija and Jake Arrieta.
- EconoBall thinks Kevin Kouzmanoff might be the greatest clutch player of the last 20 years.
- Edwin Jackson is still confident, even after a rough 2013.
- The team is keeping an eye on Welington Castillo, who says he is pain free after an arthroscopic procedure on his knee that cut his 2013 season a little short.
- Kyuji Fujikawa is entirely focused on his rehab.
- Rick Renteria says Starlin Castro is a prime candidate to hit lead-off. Sigh.
- Theo Epstein maintains that the organization is headed in the right direction.
- Javier Baez is ready to make a splash this spring. The catch? The splash would come on defense.
- Jesse Rogers thinks Emilio Bonifacio could make the 25-man roster. Obviously, Jesse.
- Jed Hoyer says the best "stuff" of any pitcher in camp belongs to Arodys Vizcaino.
- (Audio) Rogers talked to Jason Hammel, who says he is ready to work.
- Kyle Hendricks answered mailbag questions.
- Lineup discussions abound in the NL Central.
- Javier Baez' arrival at camp was kind of quiet.
- Josh Vitters and Brett Jackson are still trying to make it.
- The fast track resumes for Kris Bryant.
- (Video) And Bryant says he just wants to have fun in his first big league camp.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about what the addition of Emilio Bonifacio means for the club.
- Pitching will still be a top priority in the June draft, but that doesn't mean a pitcher will automatically be selected at pick number 4.
- (Video) Jeff Samardzija views Ryan Dempster as a mentor.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about Kris Bryant.
- Javier Baez is preaching patience when it comes to arriving in the big leagues.
- Dale Sveum holds no grudges against the Cubs.
- (Video) Travis Wood talks about whether the Cubs can be a "thorn" to their opponents.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Gordo asked some of the Cubs about their thoughts on homosexuality in sports. Their attitude? "Forget gay, just play."
From the Daily Herald
- Welington Castillo is looking to take the next step.
- H/T to the Cubs Den Twitter feed for this one. It's an interview with Cubs' minor league pitching coordinator Derek Johnson. Top Coach is, I think, based in central Illinois and they are interviewing Johnson in part because of his rural Illinois roots.
Today's food for thought