Today's theme: something to prove.
From the Chicago Tribune
- The Cubs and the rooftop owners are at it again -- this time on separate radio interviews on the Score.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Edwin Jackson has a lot to prove this season.
- The Cubs are hoping Welington Castillo breaks out even more this season.
- The mayor of Rosemont just wants to remind the Cubs that the suburbs could still be an option if the rooftop mess continues.
From Cubs Den
- And here's even more on Castillo and what he will work on this season.
- Some Cub notes look at TV money, all sorts of pitching, and how the White Sox could steal a pitcher from the Cubs this June.
- Bill Mueller has gotten right to work as the team's new hitting coach.
- (Video) An analyst talks about the Cubs' addition of Jason Hammel.
- Whether you're looking for just one year or a multi-year extension, coming to contract terms with Jeff Samardzija is proving to be difficult.
- Hitting prospects are everywhere for the Cubs, but pitching prospects are harder to come by. At least that's the conclusion if you just look superficially at the situation.
- Here are the top 10 prospects for the NL Central. I assume some are Cubs, but this is an Insider article.
- Here's a look at NRI's around the NL.
- Joe Posnanski takes a cool look back at Ernie Banks' career.
Today's food for thought
- Synthetic magnetic monopoles have been created in a laboratory.