Plenty of hot topics today... I'm interested to see which one you all jump on the most.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Starlin Castro is on the mind of his manager.
- Jed Hoyer thinks Anthony Rizzo can lead the club's youth movement.
- There's no clear-cut answer for the Cubs at third base.
- Cub fans are going to have to wait to see the Javier Baez Show.
From Cubs Den
- The spraying to all fields feature looks at Javier Baez and a host of other Cub issues.
- Cub notes looks at Theo Epstein talking about Castro and the rebuild. Sounds kind of like a band you could hear in Bucktown.
- Rick Renteria has to manage the players. He also has to manage expectations.
- First baseman Anthony Rizzo knows the pitfalls of high expectations.
- Luis Valbuena is ready for anything at third base.
- Starlin Castro has a clean slate this spring.
- Rick Renteria is trying to eliminate anxiety.
- Theo Epstein is still hopeful a deal can get done with Jeff Samardzija, though the sides remain pretty far apart.
- (Audio) You can hear Theo talk about that and other topics during this podcast. Listen at least the second question, so you can hear Theo verbally slap Jesse Rogers. More seriously, this is actually a pretty informative session, including a discussion of the "dual fronts."
- Anthony Rizzo wants to help ease the transition for the team's prospects.
- Jesse Rogers chatted with fans, fielding a wide variety of questions.
- Starlin Castro knows this is an important year for him.
- Tom Ricketts thinks a deal with the rooftops is a must.
- (Audio) You can also hear from Ricketts in this podcast.
- Starlin Castro is determined.
- (Video) Nate Schierholtz talks about the hopes for this year's club.
- (Video) Albert Almora will enjoy his time in big league camp, where he intends to pick the brains of the veterans.
- The development of Jed Hoyer and Anthony Rizzo has often been tied together. But the two have taken different paths.
- Rick Renteria will meet with all his players individually. I'm not totally sure why this is news.
- The Cubs like the way the relief corps is shaping up.
- (Video) Pedro Strop is showing closer potential.
- Tom Ricketts is thinking big for the Cubs this season.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The Cubs want more from Anthony Rizzo.
- And his stats give reason for hopes and doubts.
- Players are already tired of hearing about trade talk. That didn't take long. Of course, they also know how to make that a moot discussion.
- Could Ryan Dempster return to the Cubs in 2015?
From the Daily Herald
- The division isn't doing any favors for the Cubs.
- The Cubs rate 28th on Jonah Keri's offseason stock report.
Today's food for thought
- Here are 11 things you probably didn't know about human space exploration.