Can't wait for spring training.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Jeff Samardzija is at a career crossroads with the Cubs. You can almost hear Bone Thugs N Harmony singing in the background.
- Everyone has different opinions when it comes to prospects. CSN finds ESPN's rankings to be definitely different, in part because Dan Vogelbach didn't make Keith Law's top 14 Cub prospects.
From Cubs Den
- A look around the league considers baseball around the world and the Cubs' pitching needs.
- Does "St. Louis Northeast" sound better than some of the other team + geographic direction comparisons that have been bandied about? The Cubs are trying to follow the St. Louis Cardinals' model of grooming their own power arms for the bullpen.
- Carrie takes on another mailbag, where readers wonder about Shark's contract, among other subjects.
- An ESPN Insider thinks the Houston Astros aren't the worst team in baseball anymore. Ruh roh.
- Of course, this other ESPN guy disagrees (you know... get enough "experts" to all say something and someone will eventually be right). He thinks there are three whole teams worse than the Cubs! I "like" this because this guy is predicting the same team to crater out that I am. Sorry, Ryno.
- Jesse Rogers starts his countdown to camp with a look in the Cub outfield.
- The Cubs and the rooftop owners are both stating their case in their ongoing dispute.
- Former Cub Alfonso Soriano has sold his condo in River North.
Today's food for thought