This time next week, we'll be overreacting to the first game of the season!
From Comcast SportsNet
- Jeff Samardzija knows the Cubs need a fast start.
- The club still has pressing issues, just under a week from opening day.
- Carlos Villanueva is ready for whatever.
- Here's what the Cubs want to see from Javier Baez before he gets promoted for good.
From Cubs Den
- Could the Cubs take a page from the 2012 Houston Astros' playbook for the upcoming amateur draft?
- Here are some thoughts about a few of the pitchers expected to play for the Kane County Cougars this season.
- Luis Valbuena is drawing attention.
- Alberto Cabrera wants to let his results do the talking.
- Kyuji Fujikawa is making progress, making the team optimistic.
- Javier Baez is making progress and the youngster took his reassignment in stride.
- (Video) Junior Lake hit three homers in a game. See them all here.
- C.J. Edwards will make his Cactus League debut today.
- The roster is taking shape, with a lot of moving parts.
- Kyle Hendricks talks about getting sent down to minor league camp in his latest diary.
- This isn't Cub-centric, but is Cub related. Buster Olney argues (Insider) that baseball must do away with arcane service time rules because they are hurting the game.
- (Video) Jason Hammel talked about his last outing. The results weren't bad, but Jason still wasn't happy.
- (Insider) Dave Cameron argues the Cubs should trade Jeff Samardzija now. Specifically, to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- You have to love this: Texas Rangers GM Jon Daniels thinks last summer's trade for Matt Garza could haunt him. When a rival GM thinks he made a mistake that fast, it's got to make you feel a touch giddy.
- Anthony Rizzo is showing he can hit lefties.
- Junior Lake's big Sunday may have been the result of some extra at-bats in minor league camp.
- The Texas Rangers have some injury issues. But the trade history between the teams might have to be on hold for the time being.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Chris Bosio has the rotation primed for another strong start.
Today's food for thought