Ricky Renteria's team meeting clearly worked!
From Comcast SportsNet
- Despite falling off his hot pace, Emilio Bonifacio is still the man at the top of the lineup for the Cubs.
- Jeff Samardzija has become the example for the Cubs.
- The Cubs are hoping to learn from their offensive failures.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs may be looking for a slow and steady approach to acquiring pitching prospects. Really interesting take on what kind of pitching prospects to be looking for.
- Ricky Renteria is trying to maintain that positive outlook.
- The Cubs will celebrate Jackie Robinson with a photography exhibit on Monday at Wrigley Field.
- Darnell McDonald's playing days are done, but the former outfielder is looking forward to the next chapter in his career.
- Jake Arrieta is moving down the ladder to Daytona on his way back to Wrigley.
- Starlin Castro is filling a run producer's role with the Cubs, at least for now.
- Rick Renteria wants better focus from his club.
- The offensive struggles by the Cubs' outfield are at the heart of the offensive woes. Really, in some ways, it's almost the entirety.
- Derek Jeter feels for Cub fans. A little.
- Is the time ripe to extend Jeff Samardzija?
- Mark Gonzalez handles both sides of the platoon in this mailbag.
- Derek Jeter is looking forward to visiting Wrigley Field as part of his farewell tour.
Today's food for thought
- Here's 200 years of American history in one gif, showing how state borders have changed.