Erik's away on a work assignment (for his real job, not for BCB). So I'm doing this edition of Cub Tracks. (No need to say "Mayday!")
From Comcast SportsNet
- C.J. Edwards said waiting to find out how his shoulder was doing was very scary. (For Cubs fans, too.)
- Shawon Dunston Jr. played in some major-league spring-training games. Now he wants to make his own impact on the Cubs.
- Former Cub David DeJesus opined on the current state of the team while in Chicago recently with the Rays.
- Patrick Mooney writes that if the rebuild doesn't work, there's no "Plan B."
From Cubs Den
- Here's Cubs Den's annual draft preview. Compare and contrast with ours.
- The Cubs just signed Korean shortstop Son Ho-young. Here's a scouting report.
- Rick Renteria discusses closer options.
- Welington Castillo is building on his good second half of 2013.
- Edwin Jackson opines on the Donald Sterling mess, calling it "sad."
- Jesse Rogers agrees with many of us: Mike Olt and Junior Lake should be playing every day.
- And Jesse says Starlin Castro's rebound is due to him just playing instead of thinking.
- Here's a photo gallery of the worst seats in Wrigley Field.
- And a companion article about how Wrigley was designed (hint: you wouldn't do now what they did 100 years ago).
- Cubs pitcher Wesley Wright says the NBA did the right thing in banning Donald Sterling.
- Ernie Banks wants Sammy Sosa and the Cubs to reconcile, and says he'll help make it happen.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Gordo opines on what Homer Bailey's contract extension with the Reds might mean for Jeff Samardzija.
- Here's a comparison of the Donald Sterling scandal with what happened in MLB decades ago with former Reds owner Marge Schott.
- Dan McGrath reminds everyone, particularly the Ricketts, of the team's history and culture.
- The Baltimore Orioles will join the Cubs in wearing throwback uniforms when they're at Wrigley in August.
Today's food for thought