Can we just keep replaying the 17-run game against the Cardinals, please?
From Comcast SportsNet
- Patrick Mooney thinks the injury to Jose Fernandez is a cautionary tale for the Cubs' rebuild. At least, that's the title, but the article is more about Chris Bosio and pitching mechanics.
- The Cubs will turn to Mike Olt every day. Eventually.
- Here are 20 fun notes about the Cubs' 17-run outburst against the Cardinals.
- Len Kasper and Theo Epstein will get the band back together for the third annual "Hot Stove, Cool Music" event this June.
- Struggling in Triple-A is forcing Javier Baez to learn patience.
From Cubs Den
- You should expect the trade rumor mills to really start cranking. Today's version: Could the Cubs deal Jeff Samardzija to the Colorado Rockies?
- Here's an interesting breakdown of the top 15 draft prospects, based on ceiling-floor combinations.
- The Cubs could be looking left this offseason.
- Edwin Jackson has been consistent at one very important factor: staying healthy. He attributes that to hard work and luck. So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.
- A couple different draft perspectives on the Cubs as a fit for a pair of high school hitters. One writer lobbies for Nick Gordon while the other favors Alex Jackson.
- The Cubs are trying to be patient with Nate Schierholtz.
- Jason Hammel knows wins aren't a good measure of pitching effectiveness.
- Jeff Samardzija isn't judging his season based on individual wins.
- Fellow starter Travis Wood feels for Shark.
- (Audio) Emilio Bonifacio talks about scoring 5 runs in one game.
- The Cubs' line-up philosophy remains unchanged. And there's a pretty fair chance you're not happy about that.
- But Mike Olt is happy with his approach and recent results.
- Jake Arrieta is carrying the weight of taxing the bullpen.
- Darwin Barney is battling for playing time.
- An ugly season so far in Triple-A could be a good thing for Javier Baez.
- Alex Jackson may be turning into a more intriguing option for the Cubs in this year's amateur draft.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Nothin', unless I missed it.
From the Daily Herald
- Fans aren't happy when Mike Olt is on the bench.
- The Cubs are getting quality starts, but not quality finishes.
- MiLB had a nice write-up on Albert Almora and some of what the young outfielder has dealt with off the field.
- Jeff Samardzija's winless start to the season has made history.
Today's food for thought
- Lucid dreaming can be induced by zapping brains with gamma rays.