Later today, it will be at least 100 hours since the Cubs lost a game if I did my math right. So there's that.
From Comcast SportsNet
From Cubs Den
- A group of notes talks about Jeff Samardzija trade talk, Edwin Jackson on the rise, and short- and long-term closing options that could lead to a dominant bullpen.
- Some draft buzz suggests one of the top three pitchers could fall to the Cubs at No. 4.
- The front office should be wary of taking too big a step back during the trade deadline this summer.
- Here's a brief history of the Cubs' draft and how fate has intervened.
- The Cubs welcomed an honorary bat girl on Sunday.
- Anthony Rizzo is playing small ball to beat the shift.
- The outfield ivy gives Wrigley Field a truly iconic look.
- Hector Rondon is stating his case for the closer's job on the mound.
- Anthony Rizzo is learning to conquer his fears.
- Justin Grimm is trying to stay positive, despite some struggles.
- Jesse Rogers thinks the Cubs' outfield plan needs an overhaul. No argument here, other than the general tone.
- Mike Olt has been something of a hard luck hitter on soft hits.
- Having the title of closer isn't important to Hector Rondon.
- Edwin Jackson is feeling more comfortable and it's showing in his results.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Anthony Rizzo is showing maturity at the plate.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper talks about getting a handle on all the time players spend at the ballpark.
- This Fangraphs article has an interview with Iowa Cubs' first baseman Lars Anderson. The former top prospect is introspective about his place in the game.
Today's food for thought
- (Video) This time lapse of a thunderstorm forming is pretty incredible. It looks like sci-fi.