Colin Wyers, who is one of the most knowledgeable posters we have at BCB regarding statistical analysis, has devised a system that will make it much easier to make projections for the 2009 Cubs. All you have to do is click on this link and input your projections for as many players as you want. For now, it's only for hitters; Colin promises a similar form for pitchers soon. Here are the simple instructions he emailed me:
- Fields with an asterisk are required; fields without an asterisk are not.
- Only project as many players as you are confident in.
- You do not have to look at any computer-based projection systems before hand. We are deliberately seeking human input here.
- Remember that these are median forecasts - we're projecting the most likely estimate here, where the truth is likely to hover around that.
- These forecasts are for a player's time as a Cub only - if you anticipate a player being traded away before the season starts, just put a 0 into everything.
Thanks in advance for your projections. I'll post results as soon as there is a large enough sample to make them meaningful.