I tried to just sample the Sveum coverage. Kinda figured you may have already had enough, anyway.
From Comcast SportsNet
- I imagine you know by now that Dale Sveum is out as manager. I link it because you can hear some of Theo Epstein's press conference regarding the move.
- The Cubs are saying "wait until next year" (or the next year).
- (Video) Dale Sveum is shocked he was fired. Really?
- Edwin Jackson says "it was a s(tinky) year". And there's more on the non-renovations.
From Cubs Den
- Cubs Den's take on the firing.
- The top 50(ish) prospect list wraps up with the "best of the rest" among starting pitching candidates and bullpen arms. While it may be true there's no such thing as a pitching prospect, the Cubs sure have a lot more interesting ones.
- The plan is in place, but (more) patience is needed.
- The Cubs faced adversity, but saw some key points of growth this season.
- Starlin Castro is a lot happier with the way the season finished than how it started.
- (Video) The Cubs want to thank their fans.
- Edwin Jackson ended an awfully rough season.
- The Cubs' job would be a big risk for Joe Girardi.
From the Chicago Tribune
- (Video) Theo Epstein talks about the decision to fire Dale Sveum and the upcoming search for his replacement.
- Anthony Rizzo is looking for a complete season next year.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Here are 13 moments to forget this season. How do you narrow this down to just 13?
From the Daily Herald
- Will the next manager fix Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo?
- Len Kasper talks about why Cubs fans are so passionate.
Today's food for thought
- A team of scientists may have developed a lightsaber.