Happy anniversary, Cubs. Yesterday was the 105th anniversary of the game the Cubs won to produce the team's last World Series winner. Here's the box score from October 14, 1908. And here's the story of another key game from that championship 1908 season.
From Comcast SportsNet
- CSN will air their "5 Outs" documentary tonight, so lots of the links relate to that.
- Kerry Wood will never forget the ride with the 2003 Cubs.
- Even as a member of the eventual champion Marlins, Ozzie Guillen remembers the city of Chicago suffering.
- After missing out on a Cubs vs. Red Sox match-up in 2003, Theo Epstein sees Wrigley Field rocking again.
- Beyond the documentary, here's the state of the Cubs at first base. That means Anthony Rizzo.
From Cubs Den
- Kris Bryant is on the fast track to Wrigley. This article compares his potential arc to that of Dustin Pedroia.
- 10 years later, Game 6 is still hard to forget. Duh.
- Ryan Dempster is busy in the playoffs. He thinks Cubs and Red Sox fans are a lot alike.
- The dedication of prospect Albert Almora is a family affair.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Mark Prior reflects, 10 years later.
Today's food for thought
- This is a really fun photo gallery of the new animal species that have recently been found in a tropical Eden. You've got to see the Planthopper.