I'm sure many of you will put no stock in Jed Hoyer's comments, but his monetary comments are interesting, IMO.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs will focus on pitching at the Winter Meetings, specifically Jeff Samardzija and (hey look, Al, I got it right!).
- Todd Hollandsworth thinks he's the right man for the team's radio booth.
- (Video) Patrick Mooney previewed the Cubs' approach to the Winter Meetings.
From Cubs Den
- Kyle Hendricks was the breakout star from the mound in the minors. What pitching prospects might breakout this season?
- The Cubs have lots of options at the Winter Meetings.
- This thread tracks some of the happenings.
- Here's an article with a "no duh" headline. "Epstein, Cubs in market for upgrades across board."
- The Cubs are Standing Up 2 Cancer. It's a cause that's very important to pitching coach Chris Bosio.
- The Cubs could keep Jeff Samardzija while adding Masahiro Tanaka.
- Jesse Rogers makes the case to keep Shark in the Cubs' tank.
- Here are three questions for each member of the NL Central.
- Starlin Castro is getting in better shape to withstand the rigors of the season. If you fast forward to spring training, I assume I'll be linking to an article about Starlin being in the best shape of his life.
- Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost says Dale Sveum was in a tough spot with the Cubs.
- Todd Hollandsworth and Ron Coomer are still vying to be a part of the Cubs' radio booth.
- Jed Hoyer scoffs at meddling money speculation.
- (Video) Hoyer also talked about how the annual Winter Meetings have changed.
- The Cubs aren't afraid to trade prospects, as long as they still get a piece of the future in return.
- This should surprise no one: Kris Bryant was named to the AFL's Top Prospect team.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Theo Epstein says the Cubs will be the team dictating the big moves "real soon."
Today's food for thought
- An ancient city has been discovered underwater.