Cub Tracks will appear the morning of Christmas Eve. But I wouldn't expect the proverbial stocking to be too stuffed. Same goes for the day after Christmas.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are waiting for Masahiro Tanaka. But in the meantime, they are stockpiling pitching reclamation projects.
- Here's the blueprint for how Theo Epstein would spend in free agency.
- Cubs' Hall of Fame pitcher Fergie Jenkins casually dominated the "shoot the puck" event at Friday night's Chicago Blackhawks game.
- In an article I'm fairly certain was written by BCB poster kyle, Andy MacPhail knows what Theo Epstein is going through.
From Cubs Den
- This article takes a look at Tanaka, Grant Balfour, and the Hall of Fame.
- The Cubs brought in some players to beef up the experience level at Iowa. This made the heads of many Cub fans explode, somehow.
- Tanaka speculation is all the rage (I wonder if Shark is jealous). But how are Cub finances really impacting offseason spending? This would be one of those "suggested reading" articles.
- The Cubs are moving toward fielding a younger, more athletic team.
- Jose Veras is really looking forward to pitching for the Cubs. I'm not sure what else you'd expect him to say.
- The Cubs have juggled some minor league coordinator positions.
- Rick Renteria will spend the holidays missing his son. But the Cubs' manager is very proud of his oldest son, Joseph, who will be on duty while serving in the U.S. Navy. Cub Tracks sends a big thank you to all of our service men and women.
- Here's something about Masahiro Tanaka you probably haven't seen before.
- ICYMI yesterday, Starlin Castro is filing a countersuit in his Dominican Republic legal proceedings.
Today's food for thought