I'm constantly surprised how little the media can come up with to talk about.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Former Cub and current Red Sox (Sock?) Ryan Dempster was in town again to take on the White Sox. Demp looked back at the last trade deadline while also looking ahead to maybe moving again.
- (Video) Sports Talk Live examines whether the Cubs are actually ahead of schedule.
- Prospect watch, starring Albert Almora and third base.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs will be aggressive, be, be aggressive under the (sort of) new CBA.
- Is Starlin Castro suffering from Great Expectations?
- Developing Josh Vitters is a priority. Ian Stewart? Not so much.
- Matt Garza, and his intense stare, is back. But for how long?
- You can ask Kevin Gregg a question.
From the Chicago Tribune (register to see almost anything but videos)
- Starlin Castro is looking forward to having family in town.
- From the school of misleading headlines, Luis Valbuena is trying to "fend off" Josh Vitters for the third base job. My guess? LV doesn't wake up in a cold sweat, wondering how he can keep Vitters from taking his job.
- Could Red Sock (I'm running with it) Jacoby Ellsbury be on the Cubs radar?
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Kevin Gregg has solidified the closer's role. He also likes the team's make-up. I still can't believe Gregg is part of this column.
From the Daily Herald
- The team's offensive approach is still off base. That's an OBP pun, people.
Today's food for thought
- Lunar meteor explosions can be dangerous.
- Back on Earth, sort of, astronauts snapped some dramatic photos of an erupting volcano.