I'm looking for website suggestions for material for the "food for thought" section. Clean and family friendly, please.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Dale Sveum wants Darwin Barney to just stick with one swing.
- The Cubs are searching for answers with Carlos Marmol. Duh.
- Edwin Jackson keeps getting bit by one big inning.
- The demoralizing losses are wearing on the manager.
From Cubs Den
- An argument for walking away from Carlos Marmol. I thought it was usually walking thanks to Carlos Marmol.
- Darwin Barney is trying to be patient at the plate.
- Meanwhile, Dale Sveum is losing his patience.
- The team plans to keep sending Carlos Marmol out to the hill.
- Just a pinch of Dioner Navarro has been a nice ingredient.
- Kevin Gregg sympathizes with Reds' closer Aroldis Chapman. Go ahead, read that again. It's all about non-save situations.
- The team wants to turn quality starts into wins.
- The front office is gearing up for the draft.
- The offense is getting into the swing of things. Relatively speaking.
- The Cubs don't know how to fix Carlos Marmol. Obviously.
- The Texas Rangers are happy with their catchers, both of whom were in Chicago last year.
- Could Edwin Jackson be the starter who goes to the pen when Matt Garza finally returns.
From the Chicago Tribune (register to see almost anything but videos)
- While much ire is aimed at Carlos Marmol, he's not the only struggling reliever.
- Pitching coach Chris Bosio thinks Marmol needs to get better by slowing down.
- Keith Law thinks the Cubs will pounce on Mark Appel if he is available with the second choice this summer.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- Shawn Camp has hit the skids.
From the Daily Herald (registry required for all)
- The Cubs have plenty of problems.
- But Len Kasper maintains there is some good.
Today's food for thought
- The planet Saturn is defying its age.