I'm sure there will be a number of Father's Day related links published today that I didn't get to, so don't forget to check in on these home sites for more thematic reading.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The team is still searching for an offensive identity.
- So why did Ian Stewart speak out on Twitter?
- Building with Kris Bryant, the team is seeking more pitching in volumes. (Read the article: it makes sense.)
From Cubs Den
- Team President Theo Epstein says the organization's talent level is way up. Oh, and Matt Garza could be on the way out.
- Here's a nice little interview with infielder, and recent draftee, Zak Blair.
- James Russell grew up in big league parks, thanks to his dad, Jeff.
- Henry Rodriguez has joined the team's bullpen.
- Top draft pick Kris Bryant won an award.
- To the surprise of no one, the team is exploring trade options.
- Scott Hairston is enjoying a return to New York.
- Jed Hoyer is optimistic the team will be able to develop pitching prospects.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Contrary to rumor, former Cub hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo has not retired.
- Pitching will be the team's long-term focus.
From the Daily Herald
- Matt Garza says he hasn't been doing what he's supposed to be doing.
- In case you missed it, milb.com is gushing over the red hot Albert Almora.
Today's food for thought
- Scientists have found a black hole bonanza.