We all want the Cubs to get better. The rest of this year's going to suck. Let's all learn to cope.
From Comcast SportsNet
- While the Cubs rebuild, former St. Louis Cardinals' manager Tony LaRussa explained the "Cardinal Way".
- Even with David DeJesus hurt, Brett Jackson's phone isn't ringing.
From Cubs Den
- Here's a photo gallery of Cub prospects from the Kane County Cougars.
- The Cubs are in on a couple of the top international free agents. Bonus: one isn't a zygote.
- To pile on, here's another argument for dumping struggling reliever Carlos Marmol.
- I don't usually link their minor league recaps, but this one has a link to a video of a Reggie Golden home run.
- Dale Sveum isn't sure how to protect pitchers.
- Anthony Rizzo and the other hitters might be gaining some rhythm.
- Here's an argument for Nate Schierholtz having an All-Star worthy resume.
- Scott Feldman's strong season could force the team into some decisions.
- Edwin Jackson is worried about Tampa Bay pitcher Alex Cobb.
From the Chicago Tribune (register to see almost anything but videos)
- Dale Sveum is shrugging off criticism.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The seemingly inevitable trades could leave the starting rotation as vulnerable as the bullpen.
- For example, the team could get some more pitching prospects by dealing Kevin Gregg and Scott Feldman.
From the Daily Herald
- The Cubs will have an All-Star because the rules say so. But they have some genuinely viable candidates.
Today's food for thought
- This guy lost a fight to a deer.
- Here are 10 super gadgets for a high-tech home.