Let's talk hockey and draft picks. And maybe a little baseball, if that's your game.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs want to one day own the city the way the Blackhawks do right now. Should we tell any of them that the Chicago Bears actually own the city? Not advocating, just sayin'.
- There are more closer questions for the Cubs, thanks to the injury to Kyuji Fujikawa.
- There are Cub employees on this list of the 25 most influential figures in Chicago baseball.
- Prospect Albert Almora is already having a stabilizing influence on the organization. One concern about Almora: he thought a 60 degree day in the Chicagoland area was "cold".
From Cubs Den
- Is Dale Sveum using the media to motivate? Does this mean I'm being used... or am I an accomplice?
- Draft update: Theo Epstein may prefer Oklahoma ace Jonathan Gray. Guess we'll find out next week.
- Here's (another) argument against an international draft.
- Zach Putnam gets the latest turn in the bullpen version of musical chairs.
- Kevin Gregg is locking down the 9th.
- Jeff Samardzija supports the Blackhawks. Does he earn the Cubs a point for losing in the shootout?
- Dale Sveum knows the club is better than its record. Now, if only we weren't chasing the Cardinals, Reds, and Pirates, that might be good for something.
- The Cubs' slugging pitchers are helping lengthen the bench.
- The Cubs and White Sox found something they could agree on: supporting the Blackhawks. Hopefully the winning rubs off.
- Dale Sveum thinks his young backstop Welington Castillo is close to becoming elite.
- Sweeping the Sox makes a statement.
- Maybe the city joke is on the south side of town.
- Matt Garza is back to being aggressive.
- Surprised I haven't seen more on this topic. But Bob Brenly got the chance to come "home", traveling with his Diamondbacks.
- University of North Carolina third baseman Colin Moran could have a big impact on the Cubs, even without suiting up for the North Siders.
- Less drama meant more fun in the crosstown classic.
- Cub pitchers keep hitting. They are clearly inspired by Al's blasphemy.
- Matt Garza thinks the winning ways will continue if the club just plays loose. At this point, I assume Garza is lurking behind every corner with a shaving cream towel.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- "Winning" the
abominationtrophy for the crosstown classic wasn't very satisfying for the Cubs.
- Carlos Marmol's role is slowly growing, but he wants more. My vote? Give him the 8th for June and let him sink or swim in the 2% chance the team can get something for him.
- Does criticizing Starlin Castro's lack of OBP overlook his greatest gift?
- The roots of the Cubs' run of better play pre-dates the White Sox.
From the Daily Herald
- The Cubs are buzzing on Blackhawks.
- Bob Brenly misses the Chicago, the Cubs, and his former partner, but he's enjoying life in Arizona.
- Dale Sveum is getting acquainted with Pythagoras.
Today's food for thought