The WAR article and Q&A with Derek Johnson are particularly click-worthy among today's links.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Safe to say Starlin Castro isn't a fan of Shane Robinson. He thinks the Cardinals' reserve outfielder tried to kill him.
- The Cubs are looking for another breakout from Anthony Rizzo.
From Cubs Den
- Here's a Q&A with ESPN Chicago's Jon Greenberg. He talks about fan apathy, next year's expectations, and Tom Ricketts' regrets.
- The Cubs are among the teams chasing a Cuban pitcher who defected earlier this year.
- Here's to making dollars and cents of WAR.
- It is, apparently, Q&A day. This one is with Derek Johnson, the Cubs minor league pitching coordinator.
- Carlos Marmol won't get (m)any more save chances, but he'll still pitch in late relief.
- Dale Sveum says closing games is a funny business.
- Starlin Castro is the only player to start every game. He shouldn't have started every game.
From the Chicago Tribune (register to see almost anything but videos)
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Jeff Samardzija came up big. Ace big.
- Dale Sveum isn't real worried what people think of him.
- He's just trying to remain calm amidst the slumps.
- Hard to say the same about others, who are letting frustrations boil over.
From the Daily Herald
- Anthony Rizzo hopes his day off kickstarts him.
From a random source
- Check out this detailed Lego model of Wrigley Field.
Today's food for thought
- A couple of guys in ties got in a road rage fight.