The WAR article and Q&A with Derek Johnson are particularly click-worthy among today's links.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Safe to say Starlin Castro isn't a fan of Shane Robinson. He thinks the Cardinals' reserve outfielder tried to kill him.
- The Cubs are looking for another breakout from Anthony Rizzo.
From Cubs Den
- Here's a Q&A with ESPN Chicago's Jon Greenberg. He talks about fan apathy, next year's expectations, and Tom Ricketts' regrets.
- The Cubs are among the teams chasing a Cuban pitcher who defected earlier this year.
- Here's to making dollars and cents of WAR.
- It is, apparently, Q&A day. This one is with Derek Johnson, the Cubs minor league pitching coordinator.
- Carlos Marmol won't get (m)any more save chances, but he'll still pitch in late relief.
- Dale Sveum says closing games is a funny business.
- Starlin Castro is the only player to start every game. He shouldn't have started every game.
- Jeff Samardzija gave the team a much needed long outing by a starting pitcher.
- Carlos Marmol's, ahem, issues have given Dale Sveum a quandry.
From the Chicago Tribune (register to see almost anything but videos)
- Finding a closer isn't easy.
- (Video) Anthony Rizzo talks about his day off.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Jeff Samardzija came up big. Ace big.
- Dale Sveum isn't real worried what people think of him.
- He's just trying to remain calm amidst the slumps.
- Hard to say the same about others, who are letting frustrations boil over.
From the Daily Herald
- Anthony Rizzo hopes his day off kickstarts him.
From a random source
- Check out this detailed Lego model of Wrigley Field.
Today's food for thought
- A couple of guys in ties got in a road rage fight.