Can you feel it? The winds of the mid-summer version of silly season are starting to blow.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Dale Sveum waxed poetic about hockey.
- Dale Sveum thinks Starlin Castro's defense needs more work.
- David DeJesus is feeling good about his recovery.
From Cubs Den
- It's been a while since I linked to the Anarchist's Brunch. But this one talks about trading, which is the topic du jour.
- Speaking of trading, maybe the Pittsburgh Pirates are the best fit for the Cubs. Dealing with the Bucs? Well, that would be just like old times.
- Nate Schierholtz needs a boost at the ballot box.
- After some bad calls, Dale Sveum is becoming more interested in expanded replay.
- Here's a cool father-son fan story.
- Hopefully the tide is turning for Anthony Rizzo.
- Dioner Navarro and Matt Garza have worked well together. But it is no guarantee they'll keep being matched up.
- Starlin Castro is taking extra fielding practice.
- The Cubs' offense finally broke free on Sunday. Naturally, that comes with an asterisk since it was against the Astros.
- (Video) Dale Sveum is emphasizing team goals.
- (Video) Anthony Rizzo says the team needs to stay strong as the season wears on.
- Ryan Sweeney is finding his groove as an everyday player.
- (Video) Darwin Barney and the team have some goals for this long road trip.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Ryan Sweeney has been a fantastic fill-in for David DeJesus.
From the Daily Herald
- Part of Bruce Miles' Sunday minor league round-up included a mention of feature on prospect Matt Szczur.
Today's food for thought
- The Cub Tracks audience has shown an affinity for cute animals. So how do you feel about ugly animals?