Can we all just agree to more or less agree to ignore the product on the field while we focus on Stanley celebrations and trade rumors? Yes? Then you'll like this column.
From Comcast SportsNet
- While the Chicago Blackhawks plan a parade, Theo Epstein and company are prepping for the trade deadline.
- The Cub brass cut ties with Carlos Marmol in part because the embattled reliever had become a distraction.
- The front office is still hoping that prospect Jorge Soler can be their answer to Dodgers' man-of-the-moment Yasiel Puig.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs are hoping to follow in the Blackhawks' footsteps. You may have noticed that the core of the champs was home grown.
- Brian Bogusevic is happy to be back in the bigs, naturally.
- Jesse Rogers correctly points out that Carlos Marmol's arm is responsible for his struggles, not Cub fans.
- (Video) Edwin Jackson talks about another struggling start.
- (Video) Kevin Gregg talks about Carlos Marmol's exit.
- The Cubs' summer will be one of hellos and goodbyes.
- The Cubs' top pick could push things right up to the signing deadline.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- 2013 is looking a lot like 2012 for the Cubs.
- The Cubs are showcasing pitchers Matt Garza and Scott Feldman.
- Dale Sveum thinks a celebration for a Cubs' World Series win would be bigger than the upcoming party for the Blackhawks by a factor of 10.
From the Daily Herald
- Here's a summary of the Cubs' struggles, for those who may have been following the Blackhawks.
Today's food for thought