Trade rumors and the Stanley Cup. It's all anyone is talking about.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Brewers' third baseman and former Cub Aramis Ramirez thinks recently designated for assignment Carlos Marmol needs a fresh start away from Wrigley Field.
- Matt Garza's last start showed why he can be a game changer during trade season.
- There's no easy way out of this situation with Alfonso Soriano.
- Watching the Blackhawks triumph, James Russell is hoping to hang around and be part of the next winner on the North Side.
From Cubs Den
- Cubs players will be in high demand this trade season. And the store is open for business.
- This link included some Albert Almora video.
- This link actually goes to the New York Times, but I found it via Cubs Den, so I'll place it here. It's a cool story about scientists unlocking the mysteries of pitchers' evolution.
- There are some promotions in the minors and a link to a nice story on one of last year's draftees.
- The Cubs' next impact starting pitcher may be just starting the climb to Wrigley from the Boise Hawks. Click here to learn more about Paul Blackburn.
- With trade season in full swing, the success of Travis Wood reminds us what we are trying to accomplish.
- Anthony Rizzo reflected on the one year anniversary of being promoted to the Cubs.
- Starlin Castro is responding well to his day off.
- Alfonso Soriano is happy to be DHing.
From the Chicago Tribune (register to see almost anything but videos)
- The Epstein doesn't think the season is over for prospect Jorge Soler.
- (Video) Alfonso Soriano talks about his status with the Cubs.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Aramis Ramirez was shocked the Cubs DFA'd Carlos Marmol.
- The Cubs are getting their money's worth from Anthony Rizzo.
- Alfonso Soriano could be the odd man out when David DeJesus returns.
- Theo Epstein won't take shortcuts. The reasons why are in Indians' manager Terry Francona's memoir.
Today's food for thought
- These are some awfully bizarre sea creatures.