Amongst all the Kris Bryant links, make sure to check out the one from this fanshot. It gives you a good look at the newest Cub's character.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video, too) The club thinks Kris Bryant is ready for impact.
- (Video, too) In picking Bryant, the front office bet on the slugger and against a potential ace pitcher.
- Dale Sveum is glad the Cubs got the best hitter in the draft to add to the team's core.
- In the second round, the pick was a pitcher I have dubbed "Left-Z". He's a game-changer, at least on a Scrabble board.
- Starlin Castro continues to battle through adversity.
From Cubs Den
- The team's first two draft picks are a mix of power and finesse. At least kind of. (Link has some scouting video, if that's your thing.) Best part of the video story on Left-Z? He gets it and throws it.
- Analysis of the club's first 10 draft choices.
- Picking Bryant is a power-up for the Cubs.
- The Cubs opted to take the best available talent with their first round choice.
- Cody Ransom is showing he can stick.
- Luis Valbuena needs to learn from a mental mistake.
- Anthony Rizzo can relate to the pressure Kris Bryant will face.
- Starlin Castro's slump is a mystery.
From the Chicago Tribune (register to see almost anything but videos)
- Dale Sveum thinks Bryant can stick at third base.
- From the "obvious troll is obvious" school of headline writing, the Cubs' outlook would be improved with a better bullpen.
- The Cubs' 3rd round pick is intent on making it to Wrigley.
- Dale Sveum thinks Travis Wood should be an All-Star. Pittsburgh Pirates' manager Clint Hurdle thinks Jeff Samardzija is the better pitcher.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Bryant thinks he can advance rather quickly.
From the Daily Herald
- Bryant doesn't lack confidence.
Today's food for thought
- A lost Egyptian city has been found.