Pay attention today, there's a quiz question for you to chew on.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The suitors for Matt Garza are jockeying for position.
- (Video) Darwin Barney hopes his big game Sunday night is a sign of things to come.
- Travis Wood has taken his game to a new level to become part of the blueprint.
From Cubs Den
- A Cubs' area scout gives his thoughts on Kris Bryant.
- Cole Gillespie is happy to have an opportunity with the Cubs. Maybe lightning strikes twice on an outfielder cast-off from the San Francisco Giants?
- Some of Kris Bryant's (hopefully) future teammates gave him a warm welcome to Wrigley. Cody Ransom and Darwin Barney had some fun at the prospect's expense.
- In case you missed it, infield prospect Arismendy Alcantara packed a wallop on one swing in the Futures Game. This link has video of the homer, if you'd like to see it.
- The Cubs' Futures Game alumni were rooting for Alcantara. This article mentions three Cubs as alumni of the game and that didn't even seem to count Starlin Castro. Can you name the other three? Answer below (or in the link, obviously).
- The record looks similar, but the Cubs see a lot of improvement over last season.
- (Video) In case you missed it, ESPN did a feature on 15 years of guest conductors leading the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley.
- Edwin Jackson was asked about Tim Lincecum's no-hitter. Edwin thinks all no-hit bids are different. You did know Edwin threw a no-no as a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks, right?
- The Cubs enjoyed a look at a raucous atmosphere during Saturday's win over the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The team's first half is still all about the future.
From the Chicago Tribune
- (Video) Jeff Samardzija talked about his expectations for the rest of the season.
- (Video) So did his manager.
- Matt Garza will probably be traded. But he's a hit with his teammates.
- You should get to know the name: Arismendy Alcantara.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- All-Star Travis Wood has given the Cubs consistent quality, for starters.
- In a bit of unintentional irony, Jeff Samardzija says the team needs to be more consistent.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper sees an up-and-down first half in the rear view mirror.
- Scott Baker took the next step in his comeback.
Today's food for thought
- Astronomers think they've found a planet that rains glass.
Futures Game alumni: Edwin Jackson, Welington Castillo, & Alfonso Soriano.