See the Cubs Den section. Some of you have homework.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Theo Epstein is ready to deal.
- The team is still confident about reaching a deal with top draft pick Kris Bryant.
- After a couple of injuries, Alfonso Soriano won't have to worry about sharing playing time for a while.
- If (When) Kevin Gregg is traded, Blake Parker could get a trial by fire in the closer's role.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs have tried to rebuild before. So why is this time different? It is total commitment. Can I make this required reading for some posters?
- Theo Epstein is still confident in Dale Sveum, realizing he has provided the manager with a less-than-perfect roster.
- The team President also thinks it is a 50/50 chance the team will make a deal before the All-Star Break.
- The Oakland Athletics will host the Cubs starting tonight in what will be an historic visit.
- Hitting coach James Rowson is preaching patience on his fresh approach.
- Edwin Jackson has been turning things around in June.
- The Cubs will need to close deals better than they close games.
- In a round-about way, Kevin Gregg's success is probably going to lead to another headache for Dale Sveum.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Losing playing time might sway Alfonso Soriano out of town.
- Blake Parker could become a really big part of the bullpen.
- Cubs (for now) pitchers Scott Feldman and Matt Garza are on the tips of opposing scouts' tongues.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper reviews an awfully busy week for the team.
- The Cubs will be the subject of plenty of trade rumors. Duh.
Today's food for thought
- An ancient African coin could change the history of another continent: Australia.