So this Baez kid just might be a keeper.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Javier Baez won't be getting a September call-up, but his torrid pace is forcing the issue with his timetable to the big leagues.
- Reds' outfielder Shin-Soo Choo will be a hot commodity this offseason. Patrick Mooney argues Choo could be a game changer for the Cubs. I'm a lot more leery to pick up a non-power hitting outfielder on the wrong side of 30. It's hard to think the contract he'll get will be a good idea.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs will be in the market for some offensive help in order to help protect their young (core).
- The team may be poised to make a free agent splash with either Shin-Soo Choo or Jacoby Ellsbury this offseason.
- The Cubs hope the development of Junior Lake's glove follows that of his bat.
- Donnie Murphy is showing some punch at the plate.
- Donnie Murphy is enjoying his first extended run of success in the big leagues. Maybe he's the Cubs' version of Donnie Baseball.
- Pedro Strop could be turning into the Cubs' 2014 closer.
- (Audio) David DeJesus talks about his, um, interesting week.
- Javy Baez is surging, but the plan for his development remains the same.
- Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro have been under the Cubs' microscope. Rizzo is struggling, but Castro is just perplexing.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Javy Baez' phenomenal year has impressed the big league manager.
- Kris Bryant's college coach thinks his star pupil is the complete package.
- (Video) Dale Sveum talks about the struggles of starter Edwin Jackson.
- Brian Bogusevic is making the most of his chance against right-handed starters.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- With almost all of the vets gone, the Cubs young players are on their own.
- What does last year's shutdown of Nationals' ace Stephen Strasburg have to do with the Cubs' rebuild? I'm not real sure, but Gordo seems to think there's a connection.
- Anthony Rizzo is still confident the best is yet to come.
Today's food for thought
- Belize was AWESOME. Go if you have the chance. Here's National Geographic's look at Belize to give you a little taste.