The Cubs will sign some more vets for next season. But remember: TANG.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Comedian George Wendt (NORM!!!!) grew up a White Sox fan. Now, he's considering not hating the Cubs.
- Javier Baez is really impressing the front office.
- It's probably not his ideal spot, but Anthony Rizzo is adjusting to life hitting second in the batting order.
- Here's a GIF series that shows why you should always "give it to a kid!" if you catch a foul ball.
- San Diego Padres pitcher Andrew Cashner is out to prove the Cubs were wrong to trade him. Frankly, he wanted to shove it up their (I bet you can finish the thought) in his outing Sunday.
- Jeff Samardzija is ready for the season's final push.
- Scott Baker is still eyeing a spot in the Cubs' rotation.
From Cubs Den
- Here's a photo gallery from The Baseball Factory / Under Armour all-star game.
- Would the Cubs be better off as an expansion team?
- Dale Sveum is giving Shark the benefit of the doubt.
From the Chicago Tribune
- (Video) Nate Schierholtz talks about the really strange play where he got beaned with a throw from first base.
- It's been one crazy summer for Kris Bryant.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- James Russell insists he's not worn down. That's what I'd expect him to say, but your eyes tell you otherwise. Chalk up "only one lefty reliever" as a demerit for Theo.
- Gordo thinks the Cubs look like an expansion team.
- All of a sudden, it looks like the Cubs just might be on the wrong side of the Rizzo for Cashner trade.
From the Daily Herald
- The Cubs' young players are learning life in the clubhouse in August can be really trying.
Today's food for thought
- These are photos of jaw-dropping vistas.