This team is going to be hard to watch for two more months. Come to terms with it.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Dale Sveum has decided the Cubs won't accept dumb baseball.
From Cubs Den
- The Anarchist's Brunch is relieved that Kim DeJesus' husband wasn't traded.
- Many are starting to recognize an organizational weakness at the catching position. Here's a review of the position and a depth chart.
- GM Jed Hoyer thinks there will need to be a little luck in order to make a waiver deal.
- Dale Sveum thinks too much swinging is leading to the increase in oblique injuries.
- The Cub manager was also really impressed by Dodgers' phenom Yasiel Puig.
- Junior Lake seems to be growing into the player many hoped he'd be.
- Apparently, contract extension talks have been weighing on the mind of Jeff Samardzija.
- Junior Lake may get a trial-by-fire at third base.
From the Chicago Tribune
- (Video) This is one of the joys of the game. Logan Watkins talks about the excitement of getting "the call".
- Paul Sullivan did an exit interview, as he is departing the Cubs beat, with Darwin Barney. (Serious? A joke? You make the call.)
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Carlos Villanueva hopes the young Cubs are watching the vets after stomaching a tough four game sweep at the hands of the Dodgers.
From the Daily Herald
- Cutting Julio Borbon was the front office's way of sending a message.
Today's food for thought
- Here's a time-lapse video of the Mars Rover "Curiosity"', reviewing its first year on the red planet (caution: needlessly loud audio, be ready to turn it down).
- To continue the space theme, here's a stunning new photo of the Andromeda Galaxy.