Think the writers might talk about Ryno?
From Comcast SportsNet
- Dale Sveum is trying to contain the frustration around the Cubs.
- Ryne Sandberg has no regrets.
- And Dodgers' manager Don Mattingly thinks change can be good for Ryno.
- Indeed, Sandberg might be in a better place.
- Beating the Cubs was sweet for Ryno.
- And Darwin Barney thinks Sandberg will help the Phillies.
- The next episode of "The Foundation" (video) looks at pitching prospect Tayler Scott, who is hoping to make baseball history.
- You know you'll click on this link for the pics: a couple of former Chicago baseball wives will be on the next season of CBS' Amazing Race.
- It's getting a little old, but the Cubs are waiting for consistency from Jeff Samardzija.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs need to fix their results with RISP. How do you do that?
- There's plenty of life in baseball after the Cubs for Ryne Sandberg.
- If you heard his HOF speech, this should come as no surprise. But Ryne Sandberg thinks PED users should be suspended 2-3 years.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Dale Sveum thinks pitching today (across baseball) is as good as its ever been. And it looks like position players switching to the mound could be a building trend.
- Dodgers' infielder Juan Uribe thinks Starlin Castro is just thinking too much.
- James Russell has nothing but good things to say about his time in Tennessee being managed by Ryne Sandberg.
- Finishing strong will be important for Jeff Samardzija.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Dale Sveum loves Travis Wood's ultra competitive nature.
- Ryne Sandberg put in the work to get his shot as a big league manager.
Today's food for thought
- Check out this cool twilight phenomena.