Limited topics today, but there's enough to gnaw on.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Scott Baker is trying to focus on the present instead of worrying about what next year will bring.
- The Cubs look at the Pirates as a team that is built to last.
- Congrats to Anthony Rizzo, who has been nominated for the Roberto Clemente award.
From Cubs Den
- Is Scott Baker a keeper?
- Is Dale Sveum really to blame for the Cubs' struggles?
- Hitting coach James Rowson is seeing growth in Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro, despite the struggles of both players.
- Dale Sveum is taking stock of the season.
- The Cubs' infielders have saved the team plenty of runs this season.
- Donnie Murphy has adjusted to the Cubs' heavy use of defensive shifts.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Pitching coach Chris Bosio is at the forefront of shaping next season's pitching staff.
- Dale Sveum says it's not just about wins and losses.
- Jed Hoyer knows the team's top prospects will struggle at times.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Dale Sveum would like to see Scott Baker return next season.
- The Cubs' infield glove work has been a positive all season.
- The Pirates think all the losses and struggles have hardened them for this year's successes.
From the Daily Herald
- Welington Castillo and Travis Wood have given the Cubs some positive vibes.
Today's food for thought
- (Video) Take a look at a complete rotation of the moon.