Theo, Theo, more Theo.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Dale Sveum sees Starlin Castro taking big steps forward.
- And Edwin Jackson has no problem with the manager, even after being pulled just four innings into a start against the Brewers.
- Theo Epstein doesn't expect the Cubs to be big players in free agency.
- Is Dale Sveum on the hot seat?
From Cubs Den
- Much of the Cubs' progress at the major league level can be seen on defense.
- There's a lot of intrigue on the Cubs' Instructional League roster.
- It might be time to reassess the Matt Garza trades.
- Thoughts on Theo, Sveum, spending, trading, and shortstops.
- Dale Sveum is excited by the upside of young backstop Welington Castillo.
- Carlos Villanueva is lending a helping hand in his native Domincan Republic.
- Starlin Castro has been a mixed bag on defense.
- Here's a prospect season in review. Spoiler alert: it's good news.
- You (or someone) asked, so Donnie Murphy was good enough to answer some mailbag questions.
- (Audio) Jake Arrieta joined the podcast to talk about transitioning to the National League (and other topics).
- In case you missed it, Josh Vitters is moving to the outfield.
- Javier Baez will start next season in Triple-A. Probably.
- Theo Epstein knows that getting on base is still a big problem for this team.
- Jesse Rogers says Theo Epstein is "saying no" to free agency. This link shows how easy it can be for a writer to, intentionally or otherwise, misrepresent what someone says.
- Mariano Duncan acknowledges TANG, but he thinks Javier Baez will be something special.
- (Video) Dale Sveum talks about his future with the team.
- (Video) Jeff Samardzija talks about his spat with coach David Bell.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- (Video) Edwin Jackson talks about his "altercation" with Dale Sveum.
- This seems like overly reading the tea leaves to me, but Gordo is convinced the Cubs are bracing for another 90+ loss season next year.
From the Daily Herald
- The Cubs think they should have three gold glove winners. Of course, every team thinks they have four or five all-stars in mid-July, too.
Today's food for thought
- My wife sent this to me to check out. It is art, made through data.