Here's hoping everyone had a restful Labor Day.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Starlin Castro's recent improvement is due to a mental adjustment.
- Healthy again, Ryan Sweeney is hoping to leave a lasting impression in September.
From Cubs Den
- The mental part of the game is the key to the future for both Starlin Castro and Jake Arrieta.
- Nate Schierholtz is having a career year in a platoon role.
- Neither Brett Jackson nor Josh Vitters were considered as September call-ups.
- Marlins' slugger Mike Stanton has prodigious power. Donnie Murphy is in awe of his former teammate.
- Limiting walks is a work in progress for Jake Arrieta.
- The Cubs' bullpen continues to surprise. Unlike earlier in the season, now it is in a good way.
- Another loss doesn't define Travis Wood's season.
- James Russell is headed for the 80 appearance mark. Or, perhaps more accurately, Dale Sveum is hurtling Russell towards that mark.
- Theo Epstein is very happy with the direction of the Cubs' farm system.
- (Video) Jake Arrieta wants to be a part of the Cubs' rotation for a long time.
- Scott Baker won't be joining the team's rotation if (when?) he is activated.
- The Cubs hope strong seasons by most of the minor league affiliates leads to a winning tradition for the big league club.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Chris Rusin is making his case to be a part of next season's rotation.
- Phillies ace Cliff Lee is at least partially responsible for turning Travis Wood from an afterthought to a building block.
From the Daily Herald
- Many in the fandom are turning on his meager bat, but Darwin Barney is Len Kasper's kind of player.
Today's food for thought
- A bicycle rider powers a tree house elevator.