A couple cool, off-the-beaten-path kind of articles today. Nice job in a trying season, writers.
From Comcast SportsNet
- You can connect the dots between the Cubs Way and Marlins' slugger Giancarlo Stanton.
- Scott Baker is very happy with the way the organization has treated him, but he'd still like the chance to start.
- Josh has been promoting this, but in case you missed it, prospect Matt Szczur was featured in a heart warming story on ESPN's E:60.
- Here's some cool back story on how the Cubs came to draft stud prospect Javy Baez.
- The Cubs will take chances on potential impact arms Daniel Bard and Chang-Yong Lim in the bullpen.
From Cubs Den
- Here are 6 burning questions for the Cubs this offseason.
- Not on that list, but a just as important separate issue is the Rule 5 decisions the team will face.
- Dale Sveum has tipped his cap to the Pittsburgh Pirates for breaking their long streak of futility.
- Travis Wood and Jeff Samardzija are both hoping to top the 200 innings pitched mark this season.
- Edwin Jackson expects to bounce back from a season of struggles.
- Wellington Castillo answered some mailbag questions.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Zach Rosscup thinks his strikeout rate has been "lucky", but he's sure happy for his call-up.
- Jake Arrieta and Chris Rusin are both auditioning for spots in next year's rotation.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Dale Sveum looks back at the injury that changed his career 25 years ago.
From the Daily Herald
- Appearances for James Russell are up, but his innings aren't. So which are more important for a reliever?
Today's food for thought
- Here are the 10 healthiest foods on the planet.