Several of the major outlets are busy preparing for their World Series parties. Or at least that's my guess as to what they're doing right now other than writing about the Cubs. But there are some stories out there, so here's the latest from around the web:
From Comcast SportsNet:
- Patrick Mooney says that the Cubs are in a Catch-22 situation with Starlin Castro.
- Jake Arrieta has become a billboard for The Cubs Way.
- Tony Andracki says that while the Cubs could have their starting outfield set already for 2015, there's still plenty of room to grow.
- Dan Vogelbach is heating up in the Arizona Fall League.
From the Chicago Tribune via RedEye Chicago:
- Paul Sullivan provides his take on the renovation work being done at Wrigley Field.
- He also sees Jake Peavy as a good fallback plan should the bidding get out of hand on Jon Lester.
- Baseball America crowned Kyle Schwarber as the best pure hitter and best pure power hitter of the 2014 draft.
From Cubs Den:
- How will the Cubs dictate the market this offseason? With their depth and versatility.
- The Cubs have said that they are looking for veterans, and John Arguello provides names that he feels are a good fit.
- Mike Moody looks at the time value of players. Bad finance joke: I just want to know what discount rate he's using.
- If you follow the prospects regularly, there's a lot of good information here including write-ups from Fangraphs and Baseball America.
From Chicago Cubs Online:
- CCO continues its position-by-position analysis of 2014 with a look at first base.
From Cubbies Crib:
- Emily Gruver compares Anthony Rizzo to a young Ryan Howard. As long as it's not the older Ryan Howard.
From Chicago Cubs 101:
- Tim Duxbury provides the latest statistics for the seven Cubs playing in the Arizona Fall League.
- He also provides his opinion on Cub prospects that will be moved in an effort to pursue major-league talent.
From Cubs Insider:
- Regardless of position, Addison Russell should play for the Cubs.
- Nate Schmidt looks at the pitching staff based on 2014 Pitch f/x data.
- Maybe this is for "Food for Thought": If Cub players were beers, what beers would they be?
Today's food for thought: All about moons today.
- You've heard of the seven wonders of the world; here are the seven wonders of the moon.
- More fun with colorful maps: Here's the first-ever geologic map of Jupiter's volcanic moon Io.
- And over 100 geysers on Saturn's moon Enceladus may be spouting water onto the moon's surface.