Okay, let me check my list one last time: Got my drinks, got my popcorn, got my tablet for following along on MLB Gameday... that should take care of it. Did I forget anything?
With Game 1 only hours away, here's the latest from around the web:
From Comcast SportsNet:
- [VIDEO] The gang from SportsTalk Live talks about the renovations and how they do (or don't) have an effect on the offseason.
From the Daily Herald:
- Barry Rozner discusses why he loves the Kansas City Royals, and then at the very end he makes the inevitable comparison to the Cubs. Maybe this is the new drinking game. I'm telling you, though... once the World Series is over, everyone's going to be plastered from all of the Jon Lester stories.
From Cubs Den:
- Al alluded to this as well in his October 16 renovation update, but Anarchists' Brunch doesn't see the fuss behind the demolition of the bleachers.
- John Arguello finds a new team for comparison to the Cubs: The Washington Nationals.
- Mike Moody looks at the benefits of good bats in defensive positions.
From Chicago Cubs Online:
- Starlin Castro is one of two staples in the Cubs lineup.
From Cubbies Crib:
- Nicholas Blazek compares Jim Hendry to Theo Epstein and says it's not just about writing the biggest check.
From Chicago Cubs 101:
- Tim Duxbury discusses the importance of Starlin Castro to the Cubs in 2015.
- He also makes a bold prediction that Edwin Jackson will be with the Cubs all season next year. Please be wrong, please be wrong...
From Cubs Insider:
- Bijan Rademacher stole the show in the Arizona Fall League on Saturday.
Today's food for thought:
- Satellites orbiting Mars survived an unprecedented close encounter with the Siding Spring comet on Sunday.
- The Solar Dynamics Observatory captured some impressive coronal loops from the sun on October 14.
- Do you love jack-o-lanterns, but hate all of the mess with making them? Here's a pre-made Frankenstein pumpkin.