Last week, I introduced you to the SB Nation 2014 Awards, which are being given in the following six categories for each of the 30 baseball sites. The first five are individual Cubs awards; the last is an overall "team" award. Here are each of the six posts from last week and the winners (today, November 17, was the deadline):
- Most regrettable moment: Every time Edwin Jackson started a game, 54 percent of the vote
- Funniest moment: July 29, John Baker pitching, 45 percent of the vote
- Defensive play of the year: August 11, fan catches Mark Reynolds' HR and throws back a different ball, 39 percent of the vote
- Best pitching appearance: Jake Arrieta's near-perfect game against the Red Sox, June 30 in Boston, 71 percent of the vote
- Most important hit: Anthony Rizzo's walkoff home run against the Reds, September 15, the only run in a 1-0 win, the day he came back from a back injury
- Team of the Year: Jackie Robinson West, 65 percent of the vote
Thanks to everyone who participated in the voting. The SB Nation committee will be looking over all the nominees Tuesday and narrowing the list to five entrants per category. When there's a post at sbnation.com/mlb for you to vote, I'll post the link here.