It's two days later, and I'm still eating leftovers. I think there's about one day left of them and then they'll finally be gone. That includes the food that we made to augment the leftovers (sweet potatoes and pecan pie) as both were missing from the original meal. Now it's only 25 days until... the holiday ham. I should go get back on the treadmill...
From Comcast SportsNet:
- The non-tender deadline is coming up, and a question lingers: What will happen with Travis Wood?
- Chris Kamka looks back at seven W's of statistics from 2014 for Anthony Rizzo.
- Tony Campana is coming back to Chicago, having signed a deal with the White Sox.
- The MLB.com writers for each of the teams in the National League Central give an update on the offseason so far. This just in: The Cubs still are looking to fill the same holes that they were looking to fill before.
From the Chicago Tribune via RedEye Chicago:
- Paul Sullivan writes that delays in the renovations shouldn't be a surprise to any Cub fans.
- Al wrote about the interest in Jeff Samardzija from the White Sox and the Braves, but apparently eight other teams have also contacted the Athletics about him.
From Cubs Den:
- John Arguello says that the Cubs are still looking at the long term and looks at the upcoming draft and international free agents.
From Chicago Cubs Online:
- The Cubs are reportedly in as deep as any other team on Cuban teenage prospect Yoan Moncada.
- And reports now have it that Jon Lester doesn't have a meeting scheduled with the Cardinals.
From Chicago Cubs 101:
- Tim Duxbury looks at how the Cubs' farm system stacks up with the other teams in the NL Central.
From Cubs Insider:
- Nate Schmidt continues his look at the 2014 Cubs by the numbers, this time focusing on Weighted On-Base Average (wOBA).
- Going along with the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, Ryan Davis presents his top five turkeys of the 2014 Cubs.
Today's food for thought:
- [VIDEO] Tired of losing when you break the wishbone? Scientists have figured out how to give you a 99 percent success rate at getting your wish fulfilled.
- There's Black Friday... and then there's Black Hole Friday.
- And if you're planning on eating out in Singapore in 2016, there's a decent chance that you'll be served by a flying quadcopter.