You know that one present I'm talking about. The one gift that's under the tree that's in a weird-shaped box and you have no idea what it could possibly be because you didn't mention anything about wanting a gift that would come in a big, weird-shaped box. And you spend most of the time from the moment it appears under the tree until Christmas morning trying to figure out exactly what it is. And it turned out to be...
Well, I don't know yet. It's still there waiting for me to open it. I'll have to fill you in on Sunday.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, and thank you for always stopping by and making Cub Tracks a part of your day.
From Comcast SportsNet Chicago:
- There's more love for the prospects, as former scout Bernie Pleskoff released his latest Top 10 prospect list on Tuesday with Kris Bryant leading the pack and Addison Russell appearing in fourth.
- Phil Rogers says that if Bryant is healthy and in form in Spring Training, the Cubs have to put him in the Opening Day lineup.
- More from Cubs' charitable work, as the Cubs sent presents all year long to the Casals School of Excellence in Humboldt Park.
From CBS Chicago:
- One of the things working in the Cubs' favor in a potential trade involving Welington Castillo is his strong work ethic, according to Bruce Levine.
From the Chicago Sun-Times:
- In their continuing series of the Top 10 Chicago sports stories of 2014, the Cubs' signing of Jon Lester comes in at number 7 on the list.
From Cubs Den:
- The Lester signing may get the majority of the attention for the Cubs this offseason, but John Arguello says that the stealthiest pickups that the Cubs made this offseason were Miguel Montero and Tommy La Stella.
From Chicago Cubs Online:
- CCO takes a look back at the Cubs' top prospects each year from 2005 to 2014 as ranked by Baseball America.
From Chicago Cubs 101:
- There's still plenty of offseason left, and Tim Duxbury presents his Cubs Christmas wish list.
- Could Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo join the ranks in the future of players with $100 million contracts?
From Cubs Insider:
- Tom Loxas sits down for a conversation with Ron Darling from the MLB Network.
- Nate Schmidt opens his bag of presents and hands out gifts to the 2014 Cubs.
- Evan Altman takes a final look back at his 10 bold predictions for the Cubs in 2014.
- If you ever wondered who came up with the idea behind season tickets, it was Margaret Donahue, a resident of Huntley, Illinois who was the Executive Secretary of the Cubs in 1929.
Today's food for thought:
- Everyone has their holiday traditions; for us, it's making cinnamon rolls in the morning and then ham in the afternoon. But here are some local traditions that are a little more obscure.
- Are you a fan of Star Wars and in need of a new drink receptacle? How about an R2-D2 stein?
- For some reason, I'm always a fan of space-related things, and this one's pretty cool too. It's a timelapse video combining 12,500 images taken be astronaut Alexander Gerst from the International Space Station.