From Comcast SportsNet
- The old guard is gone, so the team is counting on new leaders to step up.
- (Video) Travis Wood knows he has to prove himself every year.
- The team doesn't think pressure gets to Edwin Jackson.
- The team has great expectations for Welington Castillo. I know we like "Beef" as a nickname, but how about "Gatsby?"
- Lower case kyle will love that the Cubs are getting an up-close look at Armando Rivero.
From Cubs Den
- A guest writer digs into the numbers with Travis Wood.
- Arodys Vizcaino is a wild card for the pitching staff this season and beyond.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about why he likes to throw BP.
- Eric Hinske brings a fresh approach to the Cubs' coaching staff.
- Welington Castillo's education includes examples of greatness.
- Meanwhile, fellow catcher George Kottaras is making sure the Brewers aren't the only squad with a dog at spring training. Kottaras' yellow lab, Leo, is now a mainstay at camp.
- Arodys Vizcaino has been impressive.
- Jose Veras is settling in to his role as closer and mentor.
- Mike Olt is seeing just fine, thanks.
- Kyle Hendricks is doing a spring-training diary for ESPN. Think Jesse Rogers will take it personally if (when?) Hendricks' work is more well written?
- Javier Baez is continuing to build buzz with his towering home runs.
- Albert Almora answered his player mailbag and thinks he can be a leader.
- Several Cubs weighed in on the possibility of having a gay teammate.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Mark Gonzalez also answers the mail.
- Justin Ruggiano thinks it's an exciting time to be a Cubs' fan.
- (Video) Javier Baez takes BP.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- A ban on home plate collisions could benefit the Cubs.
- Travis Wood wants to prove he wasn't just lucky last year.
From the Daily Herald
- Can Starlin Castro find success again?
Today's food for thought
- This tiny blue crystal could be the oldest thing on Earth.