Commence overreaction to the intrasquad game!
From Comcast SportsNet
- The team sees a very bright future for slender C.J. Edwards.
- Anthony Rizzo wants the club to keep it together all season.
- Kyuji Fujikawa gave a thumbs up after a recent throwing session.
- Carlos Villanueva describes himself as "old school", but he sees both sides to the debate around home plate collisions.
- Will Jeff Samardzija be the Cubs' Opening Day starter?
- Mariano Duncan is keeping a close eye on the "core four."
- Bovada is projecting the Cubs to stink.
- The team is looking to sell naming rights to the new spring training facility.
From Cubs Den
- Who do you think are this year's breakout candidates?
- The title gives it away: About Junior Lake.
- Some Cub notes look at: resurfacing rumors, a full hot corner, Josh Vitters, Jose Veras, and draft potential.
- This site starts their prospect countdown. It's going to be a sizable list. Here are spots 31-35.
- The club has reached a sponsorship deal with Under Armour for some spring training naming rights.
- Prospect Pipelines thinks Javier Baez is most likely to move off of shortstop.
- Dan Vogelbach is losing weight to shed pounds and the "DH" label.
- Venezuela is on the minds of Cub players and coaches.
- NRI catcher John Baker is happy with the "compromise" of the new collision rule
- Ron Coomer respects the legacy of Ron Santo in the radio booth.
- (Video) You can meet the prospects (virtually, that is)!
- Jorge Soler has learned from his big mistake.
- In addition to a talent gap, the Cubs are also getting screwed by the schedule makers. This could be a really rough season. Silver lining? They'll have the full complement of players before the July sell-off. So there's that.
- Tuesday was Ron Santo's birthday. RIP, Ronnie.
- Jesse Rogers argues that Travis Wood should get the Opening Day start, regardless of whether Jeff Samardzija is (still) on the squad.
- Speaking of Shark, he joined Jesse's podcast (audio).
- The club is just eager to play games.
- elgato's heart skips a beat to learn that Emilio Bonifacio is fitting in with the club, thanks to his versatility.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about the "core four." Still not sure if I'm on board with that nickname.
- Do you like bobbleheads? If so, you'll love the team's 2014 promotional schedule.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about the intrasquad game.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Gordo went on a spree. I assume a ghost writer is responsible for this nice feature on Dan Vogelbach.
- Same thing here where he writes about Kyle Hendricks good arm and great brain.
- The club hopes Jonathan Sanchez can harness his explosive stuff.
- Hall of Famer Fergie Jenkins offered words of advice and encouragement to the young Cubs.
- More in his sweet spot, Gordo writes about the Jeff Samardzija trade rumors that won't go away.
- Dan McGrath explains that the faces of MLB managers seem to get younger every year.
- Here are five questions as the Cubs get ready for real exhibition games.
From the Daily Herald
- The club wants Junior Lake to build on a solid debut season.
- The team is going retro at Wrigley this season.
- Depending on your "how full is that glass?" perspective, you'll find this encouraging, discouraging, or irrelevant. But Fangraphs doesn't rate the Cubs on the list of most improved or least improved teams.
Today's food for thought
- Here are nine things you probably didn't know about dreaming.