It's hard to believe this injury wasn't a "Cubbie Occurrence."
From Comcast SportsNet
- Barry Bonds has reunited with the San Francisco Giants. But the Cubs have no current plans to bring back Sammy Sosa.
- Jeff Samardzija will just go with the flow when it comes to trade rumors.
- Starlin Castro and Jake Arrieta are pushing to get back.
- Adam Wainright says the rivalry between the Cubs and the Cardinals is a friendly one. Easy to say that when you do most of the winning. We're not friends, Adam.
- Bozo's grandson could play his own Grand Prize Game at Wrigley Field.
- The Cub farm system is become very deep. And the team will need more than Javier Baez and Kris Bryant to be successful.
- And those prospects are adjusting to life in the limelight.
From Cubs Den
- Some Cub notes collect more prospect praise (international and 'domestic') and the draft.
- Mike Olt and Ryan Kalish could help the team skew to a younger and more athletic line-up.
- The prospect list countdown continues with numbers 21-25.
- Ryan Sweeney says he's not ready to be a DH. That's good, since he plays in the NL and doesn't hit quite enough to be a 'traditional' DH.
- Kris Bryant has solid footing thanks to his parents.
- Brett Jackson is having fun again, while trying to rebuild his career.
- There is absolutely nothing in this article about Edwin Jackson that makes me feel better about Edwin Jackson.
- Travis Wood says his rough outing was just one of those days.
- Jonathan Mayo thinks Javier Baez will be the minor league home-run champ, unless he gets the call to the Cubs. Meanwhile, workmate Jim Callis thinks Kris Bryant will blast more homers. I find this to be a fantastic "no wrong answer" question.
- Here are five things we've learned so far in spring training.
- Javier Baez is going to see time at second base and third base, soon. It's happening.
- The "Big Four" are showing big things.
- Jim Caple thinks these are the same Cubs, just in a new spring park.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Shark knows he's being watching by other scouts.
- James Russell is ready to roll into his role.
- Pierce Johnson gets overlooked at times on Cub prospect lists. Well, the right-handed pitcher wants to join some of his mates on the fast track.
- Rick Renteria is going to watch his lefties closely.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Matt Cain was really impressive for five innings against the Cubs. The Giants' hurler was also impressed by Jeff Samardzija's stuff.
- The numbers suggest Starlin Castro's patience won't get better with age.
- Gordo gets back to his sweet spot, flinging nothingness against a wall about who the Cubs will trade in July.
- This should ruffle some feathers. The Cubs "traded" their organist for prerecorded music at the new spring training complex (audio).
- This Fangraphs article looks at basic cost projections for some 2015 free agents.
Today's food for thought
- A new map shows the position of our Milky Way in the Council of Giants.
- This video map of space might make you feel insignificant.
- Back on our planet, this graph shows all the languages that have "invaded" English.